Presentation of the trek
Leaving from the stables, we will follow some beautiful wooded tracks through the orchards of Lot-et-Garonne. We will continue as far as the village of Montaut with its ancient Priory and its 15th century Church, one of the most beautiful in the area.
On the second day, we will head towards the Bastides of Villereal and the fortress of Gavaudun. Your guide, Antoine, is passionate about the Bastides and will explain about the history of the fortress with its remarkable dungeon cut into the rock.
After a nights rest, we will cross an undulating, wooded landscape, dotted with small hamlets. Here and there, fields of crops add further colour to the patchwork quilt spread out in front of you. We will arrive at the foot of the famous chateau de Biron, then visit the Bastide of Monpazier and finish the day at Montferrand-du-Périgord, a small medieval village typical of the area.
Day 4 and we set off towards Beaumont du Périgord with its impressive fortified church. The tracks will lead us towards the historic Abbey of Cadouin, then further on to join the river Dordogne at Couze, where we will spend the night in a charming stone gite.
Finally, on the last day, we will gallop through orchards of walnuts and plums on grassy tracks leading us to the chateau de Lanquais and to the village of Issigeac, before returning home to the stables.
- Morning welcome between 8.00am and 9.00am, breakfast and dinner provided at the gite.
- Lunch time picnic will be provided by the team.
- All the horses are calm and used to riding outside of the riding school, the saddlery is of good quality and appropriate for trekking.
- Your guide, Antoine Delpit, is qualified, experienced and passionate about horses and his native area.
- The trek lasts 5 days and 4 nights
- You can sleep at the gite the day before / the following day
Price and booking
No date scheduled at this time. Come back soon!
Le parcours peut être modifié pour des raisons de sécurité, de météorologie ou d’imprévu.
Le nom et le lieu des hébergements sont donnés à titre d’information, ils pourront éventuellement être modifiés selon les disponibilités.
Les tarifs sont donnés à titre indicatif, ils correspondent à un groupe de 5 cavaliers. Il est possible que le tarif soit majoré d’une trentaine d’euros par jour si vous êtes un petit groupe.